Monday, February 18, 2013

Celebrity Feature - Courteney Cox Malibu home




Actor Courteney Cox's Malibu home was recently featured in Elle Decor magazine 
and I  practically drooled on the pages, of course the stupendous view of the Pacific
  ocean didn't help my situation! 

Having spent many a frustrated day at her beach home in Malibu and in plain view
 of the paparazzi and fans, she was itching to get away from curious eyes and headed
 for the hills.  Can't say I blame her!




Above this sitting area is right off the kitchen.  Crisp white with warm grey's is the mostly neutral palette of the Malibu residence.




In the sitting area, the  overhead lamp is huge and vintage to boot!



Oddball, tongue in cheek artwork  poking fun at the Pink Panther Detective Clouseau. 

Paintings by Harland Miller. 



All white kitchen with flagstaff flooring,  and what a sight!  Those glossy 
Caesarstone  counter tops are my huge envy. 




Flagstone flooring also adorns the pool room,  the artwork is  by Arsen Roj.   
The pool table and metal floor lamp are also custom made.  
 Love the overhead lighting!



In the 'tennis house' - vintage leather chair, and a poured-concrete floor.  If you're wondering
  "what is a tennis-house?", as I did, it is a building set near the tennis courts to allow for
 refreshments and respite from the game.



The master bedroom above, has sweeping view of the Pacific as well (not shown), sleek lined custom made bed is flanked by selenite bedside tables.


In the master bedroom’s sitting area a custom-made daybed.




The bathroom above (it took me a while to figure that out!), boasts a long trough sink.  
The chair and ottoman , upholstered in blue-grey velvet is paired with a muted rug. 
The artwork was completed by Courteney's father, when he was in high school. 


The outdoor fireplace, teak and steel laval rock fire pit,  is added feature.




A  round concrete table from Cox’s previous home is paired appropriately with immoveable concrete stools from Lebanon.




My favourite seating area - with bean bag lounger. If you've never sat in a bean bag chair 
(where have you been?) you have no idea what you've been missing!




Who needs a 'room' with a view, when you have this in your backyard? 
 The room becomes superfluous.




Dinner Al Fresco, anyone?


Enjoy




All images via John Upton for Elle Decor.



5 comments:

Rania A said...

What a fantastic view! Clean lined home - maybe not for me, but the layout and the view - fantastic!

Susan P. Cooper said...

Very nice. Can I move in now? I absolutely love the artwork.

Anonymous said...

First of all I would like to say teгrific blog! I had а quicκ questіοn in
which I'd like to ask if you don't mind. I waѕ curious to find out how
уou centeг youгѕelf and сleаr yоuг
mіnԁ bеforе writing.
I've had a tough time clearing my mind in getting my ideas out there. I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or tips? Thank you!

Also visit my web site; http://360Fmtv.com/

Ellen Fisch said...

Beautiful home. The neutral color scheme is a perfect complement to the artwork and the gorgeous outdoors!

Tangled Cobweb said...

Just coming back in to let you know I've put up a link to this post on NEEDFUL BOOKS in the Google plus community as I'm sure our book lovers will appreciate the painting of the Penguin book as much as I do.